Saturday, December 8, 2007

To My Husband on the First Anniversary of our Marriage….

Sing to me in the morning, a made up song to a well known tune about sleepy heads with my name in it and
I will dance for you in the evening, to the theme song of our favorite television show or a commercial with good music.

Wash me in the shower, when I am too tired to stand, much less shampoo my hair and
I will massage your feet without you asking because I think I am a professional massage therapist.

Tell me that the rolling green hills of Kentucky are the most beautiful site you’ve ever seen and
I will tell you that the mountains in Alberta are majestic and the skies are the bluest blue.

Kiss my pain away when I bump in to the coffee table, car door and desk on a daily basis and
I will be your official wallet and shoe finder, clothes packer, card writer and kool-aid maker.

Smile and be patient with me when I lose things, get chocolate all over myself at the airport or overpay a bill by $5000.00 and
I will be the unabashed encourager of your dreams.

Love me for the rest of my life for all that I am and all that I am not
And I will do the same for you and I will do the same for you.

No comments: